Frequently Asked Questions
Questions for Clients
We are available to take your call 24hrs a day, 365 days a year. For our existing clients we will call our drivers immediately and we regularly have staff on site within an hour of your first call.
For a new customer, we will need an email address to send Terms of Business, Health & Safety and a price quote to you before we can send a driver. Between 7 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday we can set your account up in under an hour and supply drivers once we have sent you the documentation. Out of hours can take a little longer depending on access to email but our aim is to onboard new clients and supply next day or quicker. We sometimes make exceptions in case of emergencies – we may ask for payment up front in certain circumstances.
Our office (0208 4870122) and our “out of hours mobile” (07900 244790) will be answered in person immediately. If you need help quickly or want to change an existing booking calling us is the fastest way to reach us. For more general inquiries and any invoice or compliance matters email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer promptly within office hours. If you want to meet the team and see our compliance regime, by all means, come to the office.
We will ask you what kind of company you are?
- Which skills you are looking to cover?
- The hours you work?
- Any restrictions in terms of age and points for insurance purposes?
- Full contact details?
This allows us to create your profile so we can book the right staff for you. We will email you the following;
- Standard Driver Hire Terms of Business.
- Health & Safety forms.
- A detailed quote reflecting the full set of skills and shift times.
We cover the whole logistics industry, starting from the bottom all the way to the top. We can help you with one single warehouse shift all the way to senior management staff in permanent jobs. Our core business is temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent staff.
- Warehouse, Driver’s Mates & Forklift Operatives.
- Drivers, Cat B, C1 / 7.5T, Class 2 / C, Class1 / C+E
- Drivers with ADR, HIAB, Moffet and IPAF qualifications.
- Office staff (temp or perm), Clerks, Customer Service Agents, Data Entry, Shift Supervisors, Transport Managers.
All our staff must come to our office and register in person, we do not register anybody we haven’t met face to face.
We check the following;
- “Right to Work”, using UK Government document list.
- Proof of current address.
- National Insurance number.
- At least two recent work references.
- On-Line driver competency test.
- DVLA licence check using driver generated code or DH Licence checker, we check at least every three months.
Questions for Applicants
- Look at the jobs on this site and apply online to a specific advert.
- Register as a candidate on this site.
- We advertise on Reed & Indeed, you can respond to any of those adverts directly.
- Send us your CV to email@example.com
Apply in person;
- Call us Monday to Friday between 7 am and 5 pm, we will ask you a few background questions and then arrange an appointment for you to come to the office to register.
- Walk up to our door and knock! It may be very old fashioned but we are always happy to help you. If you plan to come to the office, please bring your ID, Licences, proof of National Insurance and Right to Work. We may ask you to come back at an agreed time if you don’t have everything with you
Our full address;
Driver Hire Kingston
Belhaven House (next to the pet shop)
67 Walton Road
East Molesey, KT8 0DB
The Driver Hire week starts on the Monday morning and finishes on the Sunday evening. Any shift that starts inside that time will be paid on the following Friday.
- Work a shift
- Submit your Time-sheet by 9 am on the following Monday
- Get paid by our umbrella company on Friday
When you register we will discuss our pay rates & payroll options. Depending on your circumstances and choices we will pay you by one of these methods;
- Paystream (outside payroll provider) Umbrella solution.
- LTD Company, once we have checked your paperwork we are happy to work with Ltd companies, submit your invoice with your time-sheet and you will be paid to your company bank account on the following Friday.
To register we will need to see and make copies of the following documents;
- I.D. (Birth Certificate, Passport, National I.D. card)
- UK National Insurance number (Payslip, Government letter, N.I. card)
- Proof of Right to Work, we use the UK Government checklist for non-EU applicants
- UK Driving Licence, to drive for us you must have UK Licence.
- CPC & Tacho card for HGV roles, these can be UK or EU cards.
- Additional qualifications, Fork-Lift licences, HIAB, ADR, Moffet, we need to see original certificates or cards.
- At least two work references, please have the phone number, email and names with you. Nobody will be booked for any shift until references checks have been completed